DLDI-EXT2

Ewan Meadows ewan.meadows at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 22:11:30 CEST 2008

>  >  I guess we could make DLDI-EXT2 avaliable for those who want it,
>  >  and also keep the regular DLDI build.
>  >
>  >  And make initramfs standard on all builds.
>  >

I've found this document is pretty interesting as regards to using initramfs:
linux-2.6.x/Documentation/early-userspace/README

> I'll have a look at the upstream uClinux branch, there's e2fsprogs in there,
I've had to include some stuff in uClibc to get e2fsprogs to compile
(sbrk), but at least e2fsck seems to work.  I'm not quite sure how I
can check the root filesystem on boot as e2fsck lives in /usr/bin and
it's not wise to repair a mounted filesystem.  The obvious solution is
to put e2fsck into initramfs, I suppose