DLDI-EXT2

Ewan Meadows ewan.meadows at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 15:34:40 CEST 2008

On 18/04/2008, Stefan Sperling <stsp at stsp.name> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 02:32:14AM +0100, Ewan Meadows wrote:
>  > Thoughts/suggestions?
>
>  I guess we could make DLDI-EXT2 avaliable for those who want it,
>  and also keep the regular DLDI build.
>
>  And make initramfs standard on all builds.

I'll look into this once I've got the DLDI-EXT2 bits submitted,
although you need to build in a fakeroot due to mknod being used.
>  By the way, it would be nice if the DLDI-EXT2 build checked the ext2
>  filesystem upon boot. We need to port current e2fsprogs for this though,
>  the ones in the uClinux vendor branch won't check filesystems created
>  with current tools.
I'll have a look at the upstream uClinux branch, there's e2fsprogs in there,

>  I tried getting filesystem checks to work once, there were issues
>  with finding out the proper devices to check. There's an fsck tool
>  but that requires /etc/fstab, which we don't have and which is hard
>  to setup with romfs in the way...
Well, with an ext2 fs you can have /etc/fstab :-)  dosfsck is ported
now, although it requires extra RAM to function properly.  Really all
that needs doing is to modify rc.common to include something like
this:

# if we have extra RAM, enable 2 extra terminals and gpm
exec 0</proc/meminfo
read line
exec 0</dev/null
set -- $line
if [ $2 -gt 4000 ]
then
        /usr/bin/agetty -n -l /bin/autologin 38400 tty2 linux &
        /usr/bin/agetty -n -l /bin/autologin 38400 tty3 linux &
        if [ -x /usr/bin/gpm ]
        then
        /usr/bin/gpm -m /dev/mouse0 -t ps2 &
             if [ "$start_fsck" = "YES" ]