Patch for toolchain to compile with GCC 4.3 and later

Stefan Sperling stsp at stsp.name
Fri Jan 2 16:28:12 CET 2009

On Fri, Jan 02, 2009 at 02:23:40PM +0000, Ewan Meadows wrote:

>    Has anyone seen this?
>    [1]http://dslinux.org/f0rums/viewtopic.php?t=721
>    I use a precompiled toolchain at the moment so I am unsure whether I
>    should apply this patch, does anyone think that it may cause problems?
>    Thanks

The question is that toolchain whether this compiles a working
dslinux build or not.

I have patched several gcc versions (up to 4.2) so that I could
build a toolchain based on those versions, including 8bit write
support (see the patches in toolchain/).

However, I could not compile working builds of dslinux with those
toolchains. The kernel just crashed upon boot.
That's why we're stuck with the current 4.0.4-based toolchain.

Stefan