Toolchain doesn't compile with GCC 4.3

Benjamin Lewis ben.lewis at benl.co.uk
Mon Jul 21 15:36:11 CEST 2008

Amadeus wrote:
> Benjamin,
>
> On Monday 21 July 2008 14:19:47 Benjamin Lewis wrote:
>> Just though I'd let you all know: the toolchain won't compile with GCC
>> 4.3.
>
> The ARM backend has changed after 4.0.x, so the 8 bit write patch we use will
> not apply.
>
> regards
>
> Amadeus

No, Binutils 2.17 (part of the current toolchain) will not compile with
GCC 4.3 at all is the problem (and yes, binutils 2.18 will resolve it)

--

Benjamin Lewis
Fedora Ambassador
ben.lewis at benl.co.uk

http://benl.co.uk./                                 PGP Key: 0x647E480C

"In cases of major discrepancy, it is always reality that got it wrong"
                                                         -- RFC 1118