DLDI-EXT2

Benjamin Lewis ben.lewis at benl.co.uk
Sat Apr 19 17:39:25 CEST 2008

On Saturday 19 April 2008 03:45:48 pm Ewan Meadows wrote:
> > Mount Readonly, check, re-mount read-write. e2fsck wont moan if / is
> > mounted readonly.
>
> Ah, of course.  DSLinux might not be that useful but at least it's a
> valuable learning tool for people like me :-)  I've put together a
> script for the DLDI-EXT2 builds that will umount properly rather than
> just poweroff, I'm just trying to work out how I can detect if a fs
> was not unmounted cleanly and if so, check it.

I think e2fsck, unless the -f flag is passed, won't run on a clean filesystem,
so this shouldn't be an issue.

> Also, on the subject of freeing up kernel memory, I've been
> experimenting with using kernel module loading/unloading which
> surprisingly seems to work, but I've only tested with the TUN driver
> and openvpn.  I've had to use a newer version of module-tools as the
> ones in busybox don't seem to work.
>
> Hopefully this way we can include all the fun stuff (iptables/openvpn
> etc) without impacting on the people without RAM expansions.

This would be really cool!

--

Benjamin Lewis
Fedora Ambassador
ben.lewis at benl.co.uk

http://benl.co.uk./                                 PGP Key: 0x647E480C

"In cases of major discrepancy, it is always reality that got it wrong"
                                                        -- RFC 1118