Advent4 compile warning fix

Jonathan echidnaman at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 21:44:59 CEST 2007

Malcolm wrote:
> On 25/09/2007, Jonathan <echidnaman at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Whomever wrote this game in the first place likes to use the "return;"
>> statement without actually returning anything. And he doesn't like void
>> functions. Whatever.
>>

> Can you put the empty returns back in please, as they are needed.

Oh, I didn't know. That's probably why I got the bugs in turn.c. Now
that I think about it, there are probably bugs that you can see in the
other files... Oh, I see you just sent an email that proves my
hypothesis, heh.

>> If anyone knows how to fix: warnings such as:
>> "turn.c:47: warning: array subscript has type 'char'" ,I'd like to know
>> how to fix them.
>>

> cast to int.

I see.
> Does anyone still use advent4 when we have adventure from bsdgames?

Not really. Not in over a year, anyway. In fact the only reason I
undertook this warning-fixing project was to hone my newly-found coding
skills.

So in summary:

-Those returns were supposed to be there and it was something else the
compiler was whining about
-Cast to int to fix the array warnings
-Edit the makefile for Ewan. :P