WEP-related wifi bug

Malcolm malcolm.parsons at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 23:32:45 CEST 2007

On 23/09/2007, John S. Skogtvedt <teleledningsanka at gmail.com> wrote:

> In the first capture (wnc, loadprofile) where it doesn't scan the
> association request from the DS shows up. However, in the one where the
> DS does scan, I can't find anything from the DS. To verify I did another
> capture where the DS doesn't scan, and I could see the association
> request. And then another where it does scan. Either my capture
> hardware/skills are at blame again, or the DS just doesn't send anything.

The DS will not send association requests if it:
 o can't find an AP to associate with
 o thinks it is already associated

You can use "iwlist scan" to see if it has found your AP.
The LED flash speed tells you if it thinks it is associated.
You can use "ifconfig nds down" then "ifconfig nds up" to force it to
try to associate again.

--
Malcolm Parsons