busybox wget

Christian Fobel cfobel at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 20 05:30:01 CEST 2007

>From: Stefan Sperling <stsp at stsp.name>
>To: dslinux-devel at dslinux.in-berlin.de
>Subject: Re: busybox wget
>Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:27:11 +0200
>
>On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 10:28:02PM +0100, Ewan Meadows wrote:
> > This might be redundant information, but I think links can be passed
> > an option to behave like wget, I don't have a DS near me to check
> > unfortunately.  Would it be better to port wget rather than use the
> > busybox version?  If so I could probably rattle off a patch given a
> > couple of days.
>
>If we already have a tool that does the job, make people use that.
>If the busybox version has no severe drawbacks, I would favour it.
>Otherwise port the real thing.

Hello again,

I was able to include wget into busybox using the menuconfig during
compilation.  It seems to be working great, except for the particular use
that I was looking for.  Unfortunately my end goal is to use a script to
authenticate me to a Cisco router system for wireless network connectivity.
(as per http://socis.ca/node/197)  The specific script that I'm trying to
use is something like (obviously it won't resolve for anyone, since it's
private addresses, but it should give you the idea):

wget -O - --no-check-certificate
--post-data='username=My1337UID&password=My1337Password&buttonClicked=4&redirect_url=https://mywireless.uoguelph.ca/fs/customwebauth/postlogin.html?redirectUrl=&err_flag=0'
"https://mywireless.uoguelph.ca/login.html" > /dev/null

However, this script requires that wget can access https sites (ie. requires
support for SSL).  Upon investigation, busybox's wget doesn't not support
SSL and will never do so.

The reason I'm looking for this type of solution is that I'm having trouble
trying to use the authentication form for the web login for the wireless
authentication when doing so through 'links'.  It just keeps redirecting me
back to the login screen despite using my proper username/pass that I can
use perfectly well on my laptop to connect.  (I have checked lots and lots
of times to ensure that I am not screwing up entering my info, just in case
you're wondering about user error ;)  ).  Does anybody have any suggestions
on how I could do this type of thing with Links, or any idea why it wouldn't
be working to just login using Links?

My next step is to try porting the actual 'wget' over to the NDS.  I've got
a few things on my plate right now with school, but I hope to dedicate some
time to it soon.

christian