DLDI config.vendor updates

Troy Davis gpf at dslinux.in-berlin.de
Mon Oct 22 20:57:30 CEST 2007

The DLDI config.vendor file seems to have a lot of changes to it after running
make menuconfig, "Update Default Vendor Settings" I have attached the diff to
this email.

But some strange things i see such as CONFIG_LIB_LIBPNG=y exists 3 times and
other graphical libs, is this a problem ?

also could the wiki's Changing configuration files for Creating Patches section
be updated with correct instructions? it still references a file
vendors/Nintendo/update_config.sh. which was removed awhile ago.

Maybe it just needs to be updated with the information from the "Add the config
option to all config.vendor files" section of the Porting Howto.

ie
Add a line

# CONFIG_LIB_MAD_FORCE is not set

to all config.vendor files in vendors/Nintendo/*

Myself included have been adding stuff directly to the DLDI config.vendor such
as

CONFIG_USER_IRSSI_IRSSI=y

was I supposed to add to all config.vendor files?
# CONFIG_USER_IRSSI_IRSSI is not set

and then run make menuconfig for DLDI and set it to build irssi? then rerun
menuconfig and have it do "Update Default Vendor Settings" ?

Thanks,
Troy