Should we start PIXIL programming?

Troy Davis gpf at dslinux.in-berlin.de
Wed Oct 10 23:37:31 CEST 2007

Quoting Amadeus <amadeus at iksw-muees.de>:

> Hello Troy,
>
> On Mittwoch, 10. Oktober 2007, Troy Davis wrote:
> > I haven't had any luck with using small fonts yet, i've added them to
> > microwin fonts directory and they are built and i've updated
> > drivers/genfont.c to make them the default system fonts, and either
> > current apps are using font sizes that are not compatible with the
> > smaller fonts or something else is wrong, as nothing is being
> > displayed.
>
> Hmmm... can you send me a patch, so that I can have a look at it?
>
> regards
> Amadeus
> --
> We're back to the times when men were men
> and wrote their own device drivers.
>
> (Linus Torvalds)
> --

since it wasn't working, I reverted my changes, I have the files backed up , but
need to reapply them to dslinux so I can build a patch.

what size fonts do we want to use again? I have a 5x7 fixed width font, need a
small variable-width font still preferable in .bdf format as microwin provides
a conversion tool to include them with microwin. Then I can replace the
defaults system fonts. Afterwards we can look into the use of runtime .fnt
files.

Current its using a 11x13 variable-width font for default system var font and
for the Helvetica font, and its using a 6x13 fixed width font for the default
system fixed font and Terminal font.

Troy(GPF)