Should we start PIXIL programming?

Troy Davis gpf at dslinux.in-berlin.de
Wed Oct 10 00:30:29 CEST 2007

Quoting Amadeus <amadeus at iksw-muees.de>:

> Hello,
>
> PIXIL is far from perfect.... but with the last modifications and speed
> enhancements, it's usable now.
>
> I think we should try to adapt PIXIL to the small screen, and make the
> standard PIXIL apps functional on the DS. And perhaps write new apps..
>
> Troy, do you have success with small fonts for the nano-X server?
>
> I myself want to make a frontend for madplay.
>
> regards
> Amadeus
> --
> We're back to the times when men were men
> and wrote their own device drivers.
>
> (Linus Torvalds)
> --

I haven't had any luck with using small fonts yet, i've added them to microwin
fonts directory and they are built and i've updated drivers/genfont.c to make
them the default system fonts, and either current apps are using font sizes
that are not compatible with the smaller fonts or something else is wrong, as
nothing is being displayed.

Troy(GPF)