A port of cNibbles to DSLinux.

Alessandro Lo-Presti agilo3 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 23:04:43 CEST 2007

On 10/1/07, Troy Davis <gpf at dslinux.in-berlin.de> wrote:
> yeah I changed it to cnibbles since everything else in dslinux is all lowercase.
> and since you had a altered config.in from when you were porting it, svn didn't
> merge it correctly.

Ah, I see.  I feel stupid for not realizing this myself.
I'll also remember to keep everything lowercase (I was actually
thinking about this when changing the files but though it didn't
matter much and kept the uppercase character thinking it was okay
since it's the original name -- lesson learned ;))

> You will need to remove your changes that you have in your environment for
> cnibbles and re svn update. or svn revert the files that you had previously
> changed.

Will do.

> and go ahead and submit anything you have ported, basically once you have shown
> that you know how to create working patches and want to actively contribute,
> request svn access from stsp etc and then you can submit them yourself :)

I'll create patches tomorrow and send them in.

It's my every intention to participate in DSLinux.
I've been watching from the side-line for all this time (since
DarkFader started publishing his findings); I watched every step of
the way until now, witnessed a lot of changes since the beginnings of
DSLinux and tried most releases (I have a lot of respect for a lot of
the people involved): I felt I owed it to DSLinux to at least do
something to help.
I consider myself a programmer (albeit only novice/intermediate) but
in all my years of being around code I never really made anything
useful, just proof-of-concept applications or small things not worth
mentioning.

Anyway, I'm rambling.  My point is that I want to do something to
contribute and feel this is a way to be involved with the two things
I'm passionate about: the Nintendo DS and Linux. ;)

--
Kind regards,
Alessandro Lo-Presti
agilo3 at gmail.com