r1799

Troy Davis gpf at dslinux.in-berlin.de
Thu Jun 21 16:59:13 CEST 2007

Quoting Malcolm <malcolm.parsons at gmail.com>:

> On 6/20/07, dslinux_gpf at dslinux.in-berlin.de
> <dslinux_gpf at dslinux.in-berlin.de> wrote:
>
> > Adds scaling support to the video driver, set xres==xres_virtual and set
> yres==y
> > res_virtual and it will scale it fullscreen to xres,yres to fit in the
> 256,192
>
> How bizarre.
>
> How about set xres and yres to the resolution you want, xres_virtual
> and yres_virtual to the virtual resolution you want and scale to
> fullscreen if it's not already fullscreen.
>
> --
> Malcolm Parsons
> --

Must have been a misunderstand on my part, that was what I understood you
recommended I do last Oct when I first started playing around with that code, I
was working on a port of a phoenix arcade emulator that uses a resolution of
208X248 and wanted it to scale fullscreen. Originally I was doing it based on
if yres=256 then I would use the xres_virt and yres_virt as my scaling factors.
But you suggested this.

[16:27] <pepsiman> I want you to make the driver accept xres=xres_virt=208 and
yres=yres_virt=248, to use a 256x256 bitmap scaled so the top left 208x248
fills the screen, with a line length of 512 as before

I can revert my change or when I/someone come up with a better solution that can
replace this. I'll holdoff submitting any userland code that uses the code in
1799 till something else is committed that is more acceptable.

Thanks,
Troy(GPF)