enabling libpthread

Troy Davis gpf at dslinux.in-berlin.de
Fri Jun 8 01:07:09 CEST 2007

Quoting Stefan Sperling <stsp at stsp.name>:

> On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 12:20:23AM +0200, Troy Davis wrote:
> > > My recent addition of tinysid(a c64 SID music player) has a dependancy on
> > > libpthread. Can I enable this in the trunk or should it only be build for
> > > tinysid?
> >
> > Also how do i enable it? I only know that if i do a make clean, under
> > dslinux/uClibc then add UCLIBC_HAS_THREADS=y to dslinux/uClibc/.config and
> > rebuild.
> >
> > Where do I need to enable it from so its added to .config when its created?
>
> I'm not sure if uClibc has pthreads. It could just be a stub
> API to make programs compile. They have a couple of API stubs
> to be "compatible" with programs written for GNU libc.
>
> --
> stefan
> http://stsp.name                                         PGP Key: 0xF59D25F0

uClibc has a working libpthread, i have it enabled in my workspace, and have
tested simple pthread examples and tinysid with it. Right now since by default
libpthread is not being built, so tinysid will fail to link.

So I need to know if its a problem to add it to be built by default and how
uClibc/.config is created so i can add that to it, since its not under svn
control.

Thanks,
Troy