Importing uClinux-dist-20070130

Daniele Forsi dforsi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 00:08:19 CET 2007

2007/2/4, Stefan Sperling:

>> +aesperf/
> Empty directory?

yes

> > +fconfig/
> What does this do?
> Google suggests it's some flash bootloader utility or something

yes

> -> drop

ok

> > +gdb/
> Does this version have a gdbserver with support for ARM CPUs?

gdbserver is the same as uclinux_20051014

http://blackfin.uclinux.org/

> If it uses the framebuffer, keep it.

it does

> > +lm_sensors/ (see above)
> See above where?

sorry, I deleted the line where I wrote that sysfsutils is an optional
dependency for lm_sensors

> > +nooom/
>
> Prevent apps from dying if they run out of memory? -> drop

sort of, it interacts with the oom killer in the kernel (if there is
one, which doesn't seem the case)

> > +user.mak
>
> Mmmh. They've changed the Makefile structure?
> Oh well :(
> Doing a full merge will probably be lots of work then...

maybe not, because grepping for user.mak returns only a file:
$ grep user\.mak --include=Makefile* . -r
./user/flatfsd/Makefile:-include ../user.mak

Pending a decision about lm_sensors, at the moment this is the drop list:
(top directory)
Documentation
freeswan
linux-2.0.x
linux-2.4.x
linux-2.6.x
openswan

(lib directory)
libefence
libnetfilter_conntrack
libnetfilter_log
libnfnetlink
lzo
osip2

(user directory)
aesperf
asterisk
bind
camserv
clamsmtp
conntrack
ctorrent
dnsmasq2
fconfig
freeradius
freeswan
frox
gdb
l7-protocols
lilo
lpr
lua
mgetty
mysql
nbench
nooom
openswan
openvpn
pam_ldap
pam_radius
pam_smb
pam_tacplus
pop3proxy
quagga
radauth
rrdtool
shadow
siproxd
snort
squid
ulogd
ulogd2
whetstone

And this is the import list:
(top directory)
COPYING
Makefile
README
SOURCE
bin
config
include
lib
tools
uClibc (should I import this too?)
user
vendors (and this? nothing usable there, I think)

(lib directory, those added in this thread plus those alreadly present)
Libnet
Makefile
STLport
adns
expat
flex
libaes
libares
libatm
libbzip2
libc
libccmalloc
libcrypt_old
libcurl
libdes
libg
libgmp
libidn
libjpeg
libldap
liblzma
libm
libnet
libpam
libpcap
libpng
libupnp
pcre
sysfsutils
termcap
zlib

(user directory, those added in this thread plus those alreadly
present, not all apps are available in trunk)
COPYING
COPYING.LIB
DISTRIBUTION
Makefile