Importing uClinux-dist-20070130

Daniele Forsi dforsi at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 16:34:24 CET 2007

2007/2/4, Stefan Sperling asked about dependencies:

> > +liblzma
a patched squashfs depends on this (the unpatched one would use gzip)
http://www.squashfs-lzma.org/
"Squashfs is a highly compressed read-only filesystem for Linux."
I think it could replace the romfs, it would be slower but would free
some internal RAM (when C++ is fixed)

> > +lzo
openvpn depends on this
http://openvpn.net/
"OpenVPN is a full-featured SSL VPN solution which can accomodate a
wide range of configurations, including remote access, site-to-site
VPNs, WiFi security, and enterprise-scale remote access solutions with
load balancing, failover, and fine-grained access-controls"
looks overkill

> > +osip2/
siproxd depends on this
http://www.fsf.org/software/osip/
"Siproxd is a proxy/masquerading daemon for the SIP protocol."
being a proxy I wouldn't import it

> > +sysfsutils/
> Don't know if we need this. We don't do hotplugging.
> Unless future kernels turn out to be unusable without these,
> I'd say don't import.

ok

> > +termcap/
> Could this solve the backspace problem?

need to look into it
I found this forum thread about backspace
http://www.dslinux.org/lofiversion/index.php/t1702.html

And here are the contents of user/
note that init.org/ is present in the svn sources tagged
uclinux_20051014 but neither in dslinux trunk nor in the newer
shapshot

Looking at the names I know, I wouldn't import
asterisk, bind, dnsmasq2, freeradius, lilo, lpr, mysql, snort, squid,
udev and whetstone

Before I look into all the other dirs, is there something else to drop?

+aesperf/
+asterisk/ (no)
+bind/ (no)
+camserv/