uclinux vendor branch update

Stefan Sperling stsp at stsp.in-berlin.de
Sat Feb 3 11:11:52 CET 2007

On Fri, Feb 02, 2007 at 10:42:16PM +0100, Daniele Forsi wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 16, 2007 at 05:19:14PM +0100, I wrote:
> > a new release is due real soon, so we'd better wait
>
> it is out now and I'm downloading the snapshot right now
> http://mailman.uclinux.org/pipermail/uclinux-dev/2007-February/041862.html

Quoting the announcement:

	I have generated a uClinux-dist-20070130 release.
	It contains:
	. linux-2.6.19-uc0
	. linux-2.4.32-uc0
	. linux-2.0.39-uc2
	. uClibc-0.9.27
	. _lots_ of other application packages (as usual :-)
	. _many_ new targets as well

Please don't import any kernels.
We have our own kernel vendor branch.

We should not need to import all of their directories.
Again, see branches/vendor/uclinux/README.uclinux-omitted
(I'm pasting it here as it's not large:)

  # When importing a new uClinux-dist version on uclinux_branch,
  # please note that last time, these directories from the
  # uClinux-dist CVS have been omitted on purpose:

  Documentation
  glibc
  lib/libc
  lib/libldap
  freeswan
  openswan
  user/gdb
  user/mysql
  user/samba
  user/bind
  user/snort
  user/asterisk
  user/squid
  user/net-snmp
  user/lilo
  user/camserv
  user/lpr
  user/pop3proxy

They may have more stuff now we may want or not want.
If there is anything that we don't have on our vendor branch yet,
could you post a list of it so we can discuss what we need and
what to leave out?

Thanks,
--
stefan