RAM and ext2

Stefan Sperling stsp at stsp.in-berlin.de
Sat Apr 7 17:57:39 CEST 2007

On Sat, Apr 07, 2007 at 04:07:19PM +0100, Malcolm wrote:
> On 4/7/07, Stefan Sperling <stsp at stsp.in-berlin.de> wrote:
>
> > I'd like to add support for ext2 to the RAM build somehow,
> > so DSLinux can be used with 2GB SD cards without crashing. The
> > "tab-completion -> crash" problem was apparently due to a bug
> > in the msdos filesystem code, I have confirmed that it does not
> > occur when ext2 is used instead.
>
> This does not imply a bug in vfat.  It may be that vfat just exposes a bug
> elsewhere.

Possibly. I don't care.
But OK, I will stop pointing my finger without evidence :-)

> Why are you spending so much effort on a workaround for a bug?
> Fix the bug first.

Because I've been wanting to add ext2 support all the time anyway,
and now along the way this works around the bug for me --> Cool!

--
stefan
http://stsp.in-berlin.de                                 PGP Key: 0xF59D25F0