About makefiles

Stefan Sperling stsp at stsp.in-berlin.de
Sat Sep 23 15:41:46 CEST 2006

On Sat, Sep 23, 2006 at 02:47:02PM +0200, Daniele Forsi wrote:
> I've noticed that some programs that have both a Makefile.in and a
> Makefile have the romfs target added only to the Makefile so that it
> ever gets recreated the romfs rule is lost.
>
> Since I'm changing some makefile to allow a parallel build with
> distcc, what is the rule about Makefile.in?

Due to the way the uClinux build sytem works, Makefiles are
not expected to be re-generated from Makefile.in files.

This is the current behaviour, anyway. Some people are unhappy
with the situation and want to change it, but there is a large amount
of work involved, so for now you can rely on Makefiles not being
re-generated.

--
stefan
http://stsp.in-berlin.de                                 PGP Key: 0xF59D25F0