Problems porting fbi

Patrick West patrwest at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 00:40:33 CEST 2006

I finally did get it to compile by changing the CFLAGS and LDFLAGS, I found
these from a site on the net.

CFLAGS        = -D__PIC__ -fpic -msingle-pic-base
LDFLAGS        = -Wl,-elf2flt

I think the reason it didn't down libjpeg from cvs was the because the
snapshot I got from the wiki didn't have it so it didn't grab it. I had the
romfs section wrong, I didn't have the /bin/ part.

The problem is now that it just gives me a blank screen but I just noticed
that it says it is only compatible with the "usual VGA graphics modes
    only, i.e. packed pixels with 8 bpp pseudocolor and 16/24/32 bpp
truecolor/directcolor"

I can see from fbset that the frame buffer is 256x192 but what color mode is
it?

I will have to do some debugging to find out where it is dieing.

Thanks,
Patrick