ram build + busybox

Cayenne cayennes at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 22:38:32 CET 2006

On 10/29/06, Bastiaan van den Berg <bastiaan at bastiaanvandenberg.nl> wrote:
> besides , vi is a bitch :P nano <3

For people who have not learned how to use vi or similar programs,
having to hit unintuitive and non-apparent key combinations to do
basic things in vi is frustrating

For people who are used to vi or similar, finding many things that
they are used to doing in a few keystrokes to require many or to be
just impossible is frustrating.

These people are all entirely reasonable and neither should have any
say over what the other type should use.

On 10/29/06, Benjamin Tomos Lewis <ben.tc1415 at gmail.com> wrote:
> VIM is better!

I agree, but I have the idea that it would be a lot of work to make
vim work under dslinux and so vi is the best option (for those of us
who like that family of editors) for now.

I remember there being other vi implementations as options for dslinux
other than the one in busybox though, so if one of those works vi
could still be moved out of busybox.

Sorry for the relatively useless email, I am as incapable as many
people to let editor wars just be.

- Cayenne