ram build + busybox

Amadeus amadeus at iksw-muees.de
Sat Oct 28 15:26:31 CEST 2006

Stefan,

On Saturday 28 October 2006 13:17, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> is there a particular reason why the -RAM build uses fileutils
> (cp, mv, rm, ...) external to busybox?

Yes. The intention was to make the busybox binary as small as possible,
because busybox is XIP in main memory. I want to reserve some main
memory for computational intensive programs like MP3, OGG etc.

So why not use the stand alone versions; card memory space is cheap.
There was also the hope that stand alone versions would have more
options than the minimal busybox implementation. I was very
disappointed to learn that the "ls" command was not able to use
color....

regards
Amadeus
--
We're back to the times when men were men
and wrote their own device drivers.

(Linus Torvalds)