gcc 3.4 toolchain question

Bradley Remedios bremedios at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 10:52:16 CEST 2006

I'm trying to port QTopia / QT Embedded to DSLinux, and have a few
questions about the toolchain.

I'm wondering if anyone has gotten a 3.4 toolchain to work for DSLinux
or if I'm going to have to build my own.

The current toolchain that is in CVS uses gcc-4.0, however certain
applications such as QT/Embedded / QTopia only really like to be
compiled with gcc-3.4 (more like 3.X but 3.4 does seem to work.)

I realize that i can modify QTopia to work with 4.0, but I feel that
it would be easiest to  just use a 3.4 toolchain (as I know gcc 3.4
will work with QTopia) and go from there.  I don't really want to
spend too much time fixing things up for QTopia because I am not
totally sure if the DS Lite will have enough horsepower for QTopia
because it is really quite underpowered if you compare it to the
hardware that QTopia is designed on / for.

Regards,
--
Bradley Remedios
bremedios at gmail.com