GPM ported

Troy Davis troy_ed at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 22 06:21:01 CET 2006

>On 11/21/06, Troy Davis <troy_ed at yahoo.com> wrote:

>> Well I am running into problems with that since the other /var/xxxx are on
>> FAT(cf/sd) for at least the RAM build,

>Why is that a problem?

>All you need to mount something on is a directory, FAT can store directories.

>--
>Malcolm Parsons

ok got it all figured out finally, mount point now reads "none on /media/linux/var/run type ramfs (rw)" , thanks for the help.

here is the new patch for updates to add /var/run as a ramfs - called var-run-ramfs.diff

and a updated patch for gpm - I discovered I had left my home directory hardcoded in the source so I changed that to $(ROOTDIR), the patch is called gpm1201.diff

Download the original source gpm-1.20.1.tar.gz from http://ftp.schottelius.org/pub/linux/gpm/

start gpm with
gpm -m /dev/mouse0 -t ps2 &

currently since the touchpad only emulates a 1 button mouse all you can do is move the text cursor around and a doubleclick will highlight the word, and a triple click with highlight the line.

Also some work needs to be done to start it as a daemon process on startup etc if prefered.

I still need some good ideas and probably some help with changing the touchpad mousedriver and/or using dpad/buttons for combination mouse buttons etc, to make this more functional.

Thanks,
Troy Davis(GPF)
http://gpf.dcemu.co.uk