23c3 congress in Berlin at the end of this year

Stefan Sperling stsp at stsp.in-berlin.de
Wed Nov 8 23:49:08 CET 2006

Good news everyone,

I'll be attending the 23c3 (Chaos Communication Congress)[1] in
Berlin this year (December 27th to 30th, 2006). I'd like to invite
anyone interested to come as well, especially fellow DSLinux
contributors and users.

There is a wiki about the conference at [2], which provides
a lot of information about the event, including fees etc.

Among the many interesting talks[3] at the conference will also be one
about Nintendo DS hacking. It will be held by Marcel Klein, Mario Manno
and Tobias Gruetzmacher (who's got some patches in the DSLinux tree).

While our application for a talk specifically about DSLinux has
been declined (I cannot say that I mind much since preparing the
talk would have been a huge chunk of work ;-), I will definitely
be present at the Nintendo DS hacking talk and answer DSLinux-related
questions if possible.

I will gladly try to arrange accomodation for people from the
DSLinux community (within reasonable limits, i.e. I probably cannot
arrange accomodation for everyone but don't be afraid to ask).
I will probably not be able to arrange single rooms though - if
you want such luxury you'll have to consult the official list of
accomodation opportunities[4]. I just know a few people around the
city and I could ask around if anyone has a spare couch or some space
for people to crush on the floor for a couple of days.

I'd like to hear from anyone who is planning to attend.
Maybe we can all have a beer together :-)

If you have any further questions, just ask.

[1] https://events.ccc.de/
[2] http://events.ccc.de/congress/2006/Home
[3] http://events.ccc.de/congress/2006/Fahrplan
[4] http://events.ccc.de/congress/2006/Accommodation