new target: media

Stefan Sperling stsp at stsp.in-berlin.de
Tue Aug 29 14:12:47 CEST 2006

On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 01:02:24PM +0100, Malcolm wrote:
> On 8/29/06, Stefan Sperling <stsp at stsp.in-berlin.de> wrote:
>
> >         Use the RAM build if your adaptor has on board RAM.
> >         The following adaptors have on board RAM:
> >                 * Supercard
> >                 * M3
>
> The missing device from this list is the G6.
>
> The G6 has 32MB of RAM.
>
> Amadeus's new build can not support the G6, as there is no driver for
> the G6 filesystem.

I'd still go for RAM. The goal of this build is trying to be
as generic *as possible*.

Currently, the G6 uses .ds.gba or .nds anyway. It does not have
a special build of its own.

If we ever get filesystem support for the G6, we can probably add it
to the RAM build (or whatever it will be called), instead of
creating a G6 build.

> So "RAM" doesn't work as not all RAM devices work.

But most do work.

> and "MEDIA" doesn't work, as that includes the GBAMP, Datel's devices,
> MK2/3, etc.

Agreed.

> How can we sum up "{SC,M3}-{CF,SD}-RAM" ?
>
> "SMCS-RAM"?
>
> "USE-THIS-ONE"?

"42"?

--