new target: media

Amadeus amadeus at iksw-muees.de
Mon Aug 28 15:40:51 CEST 2006

Stefan,

On Monday 28 August 2006 14:39, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> This demand has been there all the time - dslinux has been in too
> much of flux to produce a stable release yet. Hence we don't even
> have version numbers.
>
> I'm all for a stable release, but keep in mind that maintaining
> a stable release alongside development branches takes time as well.
> There will always be bugs or other issues in a stable release, no
> matter how long you wait before releasing it.

Actually, I don't want to stress the term "stable" so much.
DSLinux is evolving, and I think it is wrong to have a real "stable"
release branch now.

Your list of todos for a "stable" branch is long enough.

>The "vendor" would be us developers - what you mean is a
> "build type".

No, I mean a "vendor".

regards

Amadeus

--
We're back to the times when men were men
and wrote their own device drivers.

(Linus Torvalds)