Common build for all supercards?

Amadeus amadeus at iksw-muees.de
Tue Aug 22 14:30:51 CEST 2006

Malcolm,

On Tuesday 22 August 2006 13:53, Malcolm wrote:
> On 8/22/06, Amadeus <amadeus at iksw-muees.de> wrote:
> >   (in fact, I think we should not have different named mountpoints
> >    even if the architecture is different. Why???)
>
> It happened that way because I created /gbamp when that was the only
> supported device.
>
> I'm happy for it to be changed to /mnt or /media or something.

Hmm... /media is a directory, not a common mountpoint.
/mnt is a temporary mountpoint. I would like it to be reserved for
temporaries, maybe NFS mounts or whatever.

How about /card, because all of our mounts are on some sort of memory
card?

Or is there any evidence we must use a more "standard" name, and which
one?

> > What do you think?
>
> Until yesterday I would have said no because it would waste RAM
> having both drivers loaded.

;-)

Amadeus
--
We're back to the times when men were men
and wrote their own device drivers.

(Linus Torvalds)