cmatrix

Luis Javier Merino ljmerino at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 22:01:23 CEST 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 12:28 AM, Luis Javier Merino <ljmerino at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 11:13 PM, Stefan Sperling <stsp at stsp.name> wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 10:07:15PM +0200, Luis Javier Merino wrote:
>
>>> P.S. Why does console-tools have --prefix=/nonexistent instead of
>>> --prefix=/usr? Does it try to do something with the host filesystem?
>>
>> We've been using this prefix for all configure scripts to make
>> sure people realise that nothing gets installed into the host
>> system. Some scripts might also try to use the prefix to find
>> things like libraries, so /nonexistent helps them behave in a
>> cross-compile environment.
>>

> In this case, --prefix ends in the final binary, as part of the search
> path for fonts. _If_ (and that's a big if) I have time, I'll have a
> look at console-tools configure.ac to make sure it doesn't do things
> on the host.

After a quick glance, it seems console-tools build scripts are sane
regarding cross-compiles. The only thing I have doubts about is a
install-data-local rule in compat/Makefile.in using DESTDIR. But,
since we never call make install (just make romfs), it's all fine.

So, what about the attached patch, so you can just call consolechars
-f fontname instead of consolechars -f
/usr/share/consolefonts/fontname? That way, cmatrix -l can load the
absurdly huge for the DS matrix font.

Regards,
--
ninjalj