Disabling shoulder buttons when the lid is closed

Albert llabret at gmail.com
Wed May 6 19:40:32 CEST 2009

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 11:26 AM, Ewan Meadows <ewan.meadows at gmail.com> wrote:
> There is another problem, which is related (sort of) on the TODO list.
>
> When the screen blanks, it turns the Speaker output off (but not the
> headphones).  I'm pretty sure this is just a case of changing which
> registers get set during a screen blank, but never got any further
> than that.
>

> 2009/5/6 Malcolm <malcolm.parsons at gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> Well, seeing as they're generally mapped to shift and ctrl, I've
>>> actually found it to be more of a nuisance that they're enabled when
>>> the lid is closed. Particularly because I keep hitting one of the
>>> shoulder buttons while it's in my pocket, which keeps the display from
>>> sleeping, and drains the battery more quickly than necessary.
>>
>> I'm not opposed to the idea, just wondering if anyone would miss the
>> functionality if it was removed.
>>
>> I'm sure DSLinux power usage could be reduced, but I have no way to measure it.
>>
>>> I see, I didn't know there was such a program. Google seems to point
>>> to this being what I really wanted, but didn't know to look for. It
>>> doesn't seem to get built though.
>>
>> Do you want to try building it?

I've been playing around with the console tools makefile, but haven't
been getting anywhere with it. I originally thought removing
'--disable-keycode-progs' would get it, but it seems to be hiding much
deeper in, either that or there's a missing dependency. The output
from make doesn't seem to be giving me any clues either.