Microphone driver and DSerial Edge

Ewan Meadows ewan.meadows at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 19:38:12 CET 2008

I was contacted by sjoemac through the forums and they expressed an interest
in writing a mic driver for dslinux.  I have been chatting with him via pm
on the forums and I thought people might want to see this

"Right now I have a "working" mic driver, but it probably could use a little
more work. I'm going to clean it up a little and hopefully post it tonight."

I've also ordered a DSerial Edge (
http://www.natrium42.com/wiki/DSerial_Edge ) with the aim of writing a
driver for DSLinux, which should open up a lot of possibilities.  I've not
received it yet, but RS232, MIDI and maybe even host USB should be
possible.  Has anyone played with these cards or is thinking about buying
one?

Thanks