DLDI-EXT2

Ewan Meadows ewan.meadows at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 16:45:48 CEST 2008

> Mount Readonly, check, re-mount read-write. e2fsck wont moan if / is mounted
>  readonly.
Ah, of course.  DSLinux might not be that useful but at least it's a
valuable learning tool for people like me :-)  I've put together a
script for the DLDI-EXT2 builds that will umount properly rather than
just poweroff, I'm just trying to work out how I can detect if a fs
was not unmounted cleanly and if so, check it.

Also, on the subject of freeing up kernel memory, I've been
experimenting with using kernel module loading/unloading which
surprisingly seems to work, but I've only tested with the TUN driver
and openvpn.  I've had to use a newer version of module-tools as the
ones in busybox don't seem to work.

Hopefully this way we can include all the fun stuff (iptables/openvpn
etc) without impacting on the people without RAM expansions.