nxlib, wchar_t and uClibc

Stefan Sperling stsp at stsp.name
Tue Sep 25 12:08:28 CEST 2007

On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 03:55:36PM +0800, lylai wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm new to dslinux porting, apologize in advance in the question is too
> noob.
>
> I'm trying to build nxlib and encountered this error:
> svn/dslinux/uClibc/include/wchar.h:32:2: error: #error Attempted to
> include wchar.h when uClibc built without wide char support.
>
> Can I have a hint how to resolve this please?

Look at the source of nxlib and see if wchar support can be
compiled optionally (usually it's protected by #ifdefs).

If so, remove wchar support from nxlib by passing an appropriate
flag to the configure script if possibl. Else pass appropriate CFLAGS
via the Makefile (e.g. CFLAGS+=-DNO_WCHAR or something like that) or,
failing that, hack the config.h file if nxlib has one.

As a last resort simply patch out wchar support completely,
or try to enable wchar support in uClibc (no idea if that
works).

--
stefan
http://stsp.name                                         PGP Key: 0xF59D25F0