Problems with IPC

Amadeus amadeus at iksw-muees.de
Tue Sep 25 07:39:18 CEST 2007

Hello,

I have found there is a possibility to speed up the microwindows system.
Up to now, all data is passed through a socket interface. Microwindows
has the option to use shared memory for this.

Shared memory is not activated in the kernel. In the net, I have found:

> Hello Allen,
> Since 2.6.15 uClinux has support for shared memory. Do the following
> steps: - compile your kernel with CONFIG_TMPFS
> - mkdir /dev/shm
> - mount -t tmpfs tmpfs /dev/shm
> Now shared memory should be working!
>
> Gerrit Binnenmars <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > - mkdir /dev/shm
> > - mount -t tmpfs tmpfs /dev/shm
>
> These two steps ought to be unnecessary as init_tmpfs() in
> mm/tiny-shmem.c creates the superblock by doing an internal mount.

Can someone try to enable shared memory support for DSLINUX?

regards
Amadeus
--
We're back to the times when men were men
and wrote their own device drivers.

(Linus Torvalds)