Patch to fix nxterm and nxloadmon

Nanomad condellog at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 11:37:58 CEST 2007

On 9/22/07, Amadeus <amadeus at iksw-muees.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I do not think that this is the right way to go!
>
> I have avoided to set environment flags like LDFLAGS, LDLIBS, CFLAGS,
> CC, CXX in individual makefiles. Instead, I have used the settings from
> the uClinux build environment.
>
> Imagine if you want to add a flag to LDFLAGS, and you have to grep the
> whole source tree and modify each and every makefile...
>
> So, can you come up with another patch which uses/preserves the uClinux
> LDLIBS flags from the top makefile?

I Agree with you. This should be the right way to go:
LDFLAGS += -Wl,-elf2flt -D__PIC__ -fpic -msingle-pic-base -mswp-byte-writes

But I think this can be cleaned more, just watch echo $LDFLAGS from
xsh and add only the real differences to the nanox Makefile.

I think LDFLAGS = statement should be used only when default LDFLAGS
do not work for a particular app.

Just my 2cents
--
Official Ubuntu GNU/Linux Translator