Patch for OpenVPN

Troy Davis gpf at dslinux.in-berlin.de
Thu Oct 11 16:36:22 CEST 2007

Quoting Ewan Meadows <ewan.meadows at gmail.com>:

> > oops your diff was missing changes for user/Makefile so it wasn't building
> :)
> Ah, of course, sorry.  I'm not too sure that all the entries for
> vendors/Nintendo/ were applied as well.  There should be an entry in
> /etc/rc.common and /etc/rc.defaults and also I think the dev node
> entry for the TUN driver in vendors/Nintendo/DLDI/Makefile wasn't
> applied, even though they were in the patch?  Any idea why this might
> be?  I'll check out a clean svn tonight and I should be around in
> #dslinux to discuss things.
>
> > Also how do I have to configure the /etc/openvpn.conf ?
> > I copied the openvpn.conf.example to openvpn.conf but I just get an error
> > message when it tries to start, not sure what I need to change in it.
> It's based on a very simple config, the web address in the example
> should explain it.  The reason it's not working is more than likely
> that the /dev/tun node isn't available as explained above.  The
> example setup requires that you generate a key using openvpn --genkey
> --secret static.key and place it in /etc.  You have to copy this key
> file to the remote computer.  As I said, the link in the example file
> should explain it.
>
> Next up on my list of things to port is the mail utility I've got
> kicking around here and then I'll get the auto-update script finished
> and tested.
>
> Cheers!
> --

the commitlist
http://mailman.dslinux.in-berlin.de/pipermail/dslinux-commit/2007-October/002452.html
shows the addition of /dev/tun and I see it on my build of dslinux, so all your
patch got applied, I am just getting an error message about the config file
line #1 in /etc/openvpn.conf . I'll talk to you in #dslinux and see if we can
figure out whats wrong.

Troy(GPF)