Patch for dlditool

Troy Davis gpf at dslinux.in-berlin.de
Mon Oct 8 17:56:54 CEST 2007

Quoting Stefan Sperling <stsp at stsp.name>:

> On Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 06:09:55AM +0200, Troy Davis wrote:
> > Quoting Ewan Meadows <ewan.meadows at gmail.com>:
> >
> > > Here's a patch that contains and enables chishm's dlditool for the
> > > DLDI build.  It's only a single small source file so I've included it
> > > in the patch, original source came from chishms dldi page.
> > >

> > I imported latest dlditool 1.24 into vendor branch from devkitpro
> sourceforge
>              ^^^^^^
> > cvs so checkit out from dslinux 3rd party and redo/resubmit your patch, and
> > i'll apply it and submit it.
>
> What is "latest"?
>
> Did you checkout their trunk? Or is there a tag we can use to know
> exactly what you imported? We'll need to be able to figure out what
> dlditool baseline you imported next time we update dlditool, in order
> to produce a suitable diff of _their_ changes we can apply to the
> vendor branch.
>
> It's not a problem really with a small tool such as diditool,
> because we can always try to diff their cvs from 'the date you imported
> it into our repo' to 'another tag or today' to get their changes from
> then till now, and somehow make ends meet.
>
> But for large projects we really need to be able to reproduce what exact
> version we have imported. So please, with upstream sources, try to at least
> use a known never-changing tag if possible.
> If in doubt always go for an official release.
>
> --
> stefan
> http://stsp.name                                         PGP Key: 0xF59D25F0

Yeah, I based the version of the comments from the dlditool.c sourcefile which
states version 1.24

otherwise the cvs versions of each files is
/Makefile/1.3/Tue Jul 24 09:00:26 2007//
/dlditool.prj/1.1/Fri Jan 19 21:17:31 2007//
/license.txt/1.1/Fri Jan 19 21:17:31 2007//
source/dlditool.c/1.4/Mon Aug  6 18:57:56 2007//

There is no official release of source that I was able to find, its just a link
to the web-cvs of the source from here http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/

Troy(GPF)