Nano-X speedup

Amadeus amadeus at iksw-muees.de
Fri Oct 5 14:19:28 CEST 2007

Hello,

On Donnerstag, 4. Oktober 2007, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> You mean you put the nano-X binary into romfs so it is XIP'd?

Yes.

> Or do you run flthdr -r on the binary? This, as far as I understand,
> might still load the binary into external RAM, right?

Yes. So it's not usable for us.

> I suppose we could create two seperate DLDI builds:
> DLDI and DLDIGUI

Hmm. I am thinking of another approach...

The internal programs are in romfs. romfs and kernel are packed together
into dslinux.nds.

So I think we can create TWO .nds files:

dslinux.nds with maximum free space in internal RAM.
dslinuxm.nds with more programs in internal RAM, assuming external RAM
for comfortable working.

> While at it we could also get rid of the GBAMP* and DSMEM builds

I don't care about them.

regards
Amadeus

--
We're back to the times when men were men
and wrote their own device drivers.

(Linus Torvalds)