r1954 - in trunk

Amadeus amadeus at iksw-muees.de
Tue Oct 2 19:04:15 CEST 2007

Hello,

On Dienstag, 2. Oktober 2007, Malcolm wrote:
> On 01/10/2007, dslinux_amadeus at dslinux.in-berlin.de
> > Implement primitive shared memory between client and server of
> > nano-X
>
> rotfl :)

No Problem - in uClinux, every memory is sharable - no MMU!

So I was able to do a quick speed test of the effect of shareable memory
to PIXIL and nano-X.

The result was - disappointing. Sending the call parameters via shared
memory instead of via the socket interface seems to have no much effect
on the execution speed. I assume this is because on uClinux, sheduling
time is short because of the nonexisting MMU.

So the main question is: why are some graphic operations are so slow?
Any ideas?

regards
Amadeus

--
We're back to the times when men were men
and wrote their own device drivers.

(Linus Torvalds)