Touchscreen controller temperature patch

Stefan Sperling stsp at stsp.name
Thu Nov 15 16:54:01 CET 2007

On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 11:50:04AM +0000, Malcolm wrote:
> On Nov 14, 2007 11:24 PM, John S. Skogtvedt <jss2k2 at getmail.no> wrote:
>
> > The patch isn't 100% clean. I'm not sure about overloading the
> > FIFO_POWER case and and 3 bits of the temperature (20.12 fixed point) is
> > lost. But that probably shouldn't matter, the temperature isn't that
> > accurate anyway.
>
> Use FIFO_TOUCH.

Is there command space left in FIFO_TOUCH?
Its bit space usage isn't documented in
linux-2.6.x/include/asm-arm/arch-nds/fifo.h,
like sound and wifi are, for example.
Could we at the same time document the format of FIFO_TOUCH
in that header?

(I've got no time to look at how FIFO_TOUCH is processed
in detail atm, sorry if what I'm saying is bogus.)

> FIFO_POWER should be extended to control back lights as well as turn the DS off.

Back light control would be nice indeed.
Much more useful than temperature.

It would also be great if we could suspend when the lid is closed
some day, I guess FIFO_POWER might also be useful for that?

--
stefan
http://stsp.name                                         PGP Key: 0xF59D25F0