Cause of the C++ problem

Amadeus amadeus at iksw-muees.de
Tue Jul 31 08:35:43 CEST 2007

Hello Troy,

On Dienstag, 31. Juli 2007, Troy Davis wrote:
> > Awesine work, just downloaded your toolchain, ran make distclean
> > and rebuilt everything and rtest work great :)

Not so well... Try cout << "Hello World", and it will fail. Another
relocation error, I assume.

I am in the process of setting up gdb to debug this problem.

> > I tried to port a c++ program that uses my in progress libSDL and
> > zlib, and I am
> > getting the following error when linking
> >
> >  -xsh- ~/dslinux/user/REminiscence > make
> > make[2]: Entering directory `/home/gpf/dslinux/user/REminiscence'
> > ucfront-g++ arm-linux-elf-g++  -Wl,-elf2flt -D__PIC__ -fpic
> > -msingle-pic-base -
> > swp-byte-writes -o rs collision.o cutscene.o file.o game.o
> > graphics.o main.o me
> > u.o mixer.o mod_player.o piege.o resource.o scaler.o sfx_player.o
> > staticres.o s
> > stemstub_sdl.o unpack.o util.o video.o -lSDL -lz -luClibc++
> > rs.elf2flt:(.gnu.linkonce.d._ZTI8zlibFile[typeinfo for
> > zlibFile]+0x0): undefine
> >  reference to `vtable for __cxxabiv1::__si_class_type_info'

Hmmm.. you may want to omit -fno-rtty. uClibc++ is build without rtti
information.

Do you need rtti? Have you used $CXXFLAGS in your makefile?

regards
Amadeus
--
We're back to the times when men were men
and wrote their own device drivers.

(Linus Torvalds)