Importing uClinux-dist-20070130

Toby Smithe toby.smithe at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 08:40:23 CET 2007

On Fri, 2007-02-09 at 11:18 +0800, Chris McCormick wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 05, 2007 at 02:00:10PM +0100, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> > >
> > > Lua is actually really light and fast and is used in lots of games.
> >
> > So let's have it imported then.
> > We just want to drop really useless stuff. If anyone sees any use
> > for anything we should keep it.
>
> I wonder if we should start thinking about a package management system
> of some sort? Even something simple along the lines of Slackware's .tgz
> based system.

I remember asking this question some more and looking into, at Stefan's
suggestion, ipkg. Whilst it would be a very good idea, it would be a
large amount of work both to get it first set up, and then to maintain
it, say when importing new versions of uClinux, as we would be diverging
from the (rather crude) upstream system. I would have taken this task on
had it not been for these two set-backs, and the fact that I have become
increasingly busy elsewhere in the free software world.

--
Help me get to Venezuela!
http://tibsplace.co.uk/venezuela