Importing uClinux-dist-20070130

Stefan Sperling stsp at stsp.in-berlin.de
Mon Feb 5 23:44:48 CET 2007

On Mon, Feb 05, 2007 at 11:26:15PM +0100, Daniele Forsi wrote:
> 2007/2/5, Bastiaan van den Berg:
>
> > > And this is the import list:
> > > libpam
> > - drop, PAM not used
>
> I added this and the other you noted because they were imported from
> uclinux_20051014 and are already in svn
>
> http://dslinux.gits.kiev.ua/tags/uclinux/uclinux_20051014/
>
> but not in trunk

The line we are drawing here is pretty arbitrary.

We can still discard it now, it does not matter whether
it's already on the branch or not. We can make it disappear
from the new tip of the vendor branch and the new tag.

Then again we can just keep it because it is small
and will just use a little disk space on the servers (pfffttt :-)

Your call.

With the cvs->svn move, the size of our repository has decreased
from nearly 1GB to about 360MB!

Back when I imported the current uClinux userland, our
repository was almost 1GB large, and I was trying
to keep the size down. I got the idea to leave out glibc,
and decided to look for what else I could get rid off.
But I did not spend as much time on it as we are doing
this time, so a lot of practically useless stuff has slipped
through.

--
stefan
http://stsp.in-berlin.de                                 PGP Key: 0xF59D25F0