r1740 - in trunk

Stefan Sperling stsp at stsp.name
Mon Apr 23 00:34:28 CEST 2007

On Sun, Apr 22, 2007 at 10:49:01PM +0200, Amadeus wrote:
> Apps that depend on GPM should *never* test for _FORCE, only for
> CONFIG_LIB_GPM. So in fact, you don't need to worry about the _FORCE
> thing.

OK that's fine by me then.

> > > Note also that your commit apparently did not update lib/Makefile
> > > accordingly, so now selecting 'gpm' from the "Libraries" menu does
> > > nothing at all.
>
> My fault... Can we come to an agreement for the FORCE thing first?

Fix lib/Makefile and keep the FORCE thing so.

> > > Does it hurt to a switch for gpm in two places?
> > >
> > > I put gpm into "Misc Apps" as well as "Libraries" because some
> > > people may look for the gpm program, some may look for the library,
> > > depending on why they are looking for it.
>
> Why do you NEED this switch?

I don't need it.

I put gpm into "Misc Apps" as well as "Libraries" because some
people may look for the gpm program, some may look for the library,
depending on why they are looking for it.

It's just to help the user find it.

> Note that GPM build is broken anyway. Some interaction with the curses
> lib. I whish all commiters would do a clean build before committing...

Yes, but that takes time, and I wanted to finally get those patches in.
I'll try to do clean builds before committing in the future.

Ideally we'd all review and test all our patches before committing,
but that takes even more time.

It would also help if more people picked up contributed patches.

> I have spend my whole time yesterday to get a clean compile for the DLDI
> build, nailing down your vendor config enhancement bug.

Sorry.

--
stefan
http://stsp.name                                         PGP Key: 0xF59D25F0