Patch to fix telnetd in the RAM builds

Ewan Meadows ewan.meadows at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 00:43:15 CEST 2007

I don't no about everybody else, but telnetd hasn't worked for me in ages in
the official RAM build.  To fix it I used the busybox telnetd instead of the
standalone one and used inetd to start it (vendor.patch).

I've changed a few makefiles in user/ (inetd-telnetd-fix-user.patch) so it
creates a /etc/inetd.conf.example file, rather than the normal rc.conf.  It
also creates /etc/services.

I've also created a section in rc.common to start inetd (
inetd-telnetd-fix-vendors.patch).

I used this command to retrieve a copy of inetd:

svn copy
svn://dslinux.spline.de/dslinux/tags/uclinux/uclinux_20051014/user/inetd
user/

Attached should be a set of patches, if this one is ok I'll get on with my
FTP and SSH patchs.  Using telnet and ftp makes debugging a lot quicker, and
I'd like to share it!

Cheers