Fix for busybox's df

Stefan Sperling stsp at stsp.in-berlin.de
Sat Sep 30 12:17:57 CEST 2006

On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 08:56:25PM +0100, Malcolm wrote:
> > mov     r1, r6, lsr r3
> > ldr     r2, [pc, #....] 0x30F8C
> > ldrb    r3, [r2, r1]    <<<< boom!
>
> This code is the result of not compiling with -fPIC
>
> It looks like the flags used to build libgcc in the toolchain need to
> change, or we build our own version when building DSLinux.
>
> The GBAMP-EXT2 build does not use XIP, so does not use PIC, will we
> need a different toolchain to build this version?

:-/

We could build gcc stage2 more than once with different CFLAGS,
creating several copies of libgcc.a with different names, and make
libgcc.a itself a symlink that is checked and set appropriately by
some script before building DSLinux.

--
stefan
http://stsp.in-berlin.de                                 PGP Key: 0xF59D25F0