need help with dropbearkey and debugging the toolchain

Amadeus amadeus at iksw-muees.de
Fri Sep 15 15:24:10 CEST 2006

Stefan,

On Friday 15 September 2006 13:18, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> The patch does not compile

Bad.

> I've tried substituting int with DWtype. The GBAMP build
> I've compiled with this fails to mount the CF (data abort).

Hmmm..

> I had no time yet to check whether GBAMP is at the moment
> broken in general, or whether the change I've made to
> your patch is causing this, or whether the patch itself is
> broken. Maybe I should have used Wtype instead of DWtype?

Yes.

> Is a word 32bit or 16bit? I assumed 16bit, but I'm not sure
> what is considered a "word" on ARM.

WType is 32 Bit, DWType is 64 bit.

> By the way, could you take the time to test compile your
> patches?  Testing patches just to find out that they don't
> compile is not much fun and a bit of a waste of our time.

You are right.

> It should not be a big deal. You do not have to build the
> whole toolchain again just to run a test compile.
> Just build the toolchain once, hack src/gcc-4.0.2,
> and then run:
>
> 	cd toolchain/
> 	rm ./src/gcc-4.0.2/.stage2-compiled
> 	make

Thank you, master of the toolchain ;-)

I have sent the patches to you because you are able to reproduce the
data abort errors.

Now, you seem to have very limited time. So have I.
What do we do?

regards
Amadeus
--
We're back to the times when men were men
and wrote their own device drivers.

(Linus Torvalds)