need help with dropbearkey and debugging the toolchain

Amadeus amadeus at iksw-muees.de
Sat Sep 9 19:11:05 CEST 2006

Stefan,

On Saturday 09 September 2006 11:18, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> Interestingly enough, the function calls __divdi3() from libgcc.
>
> Does that ring a bell?

Yes. I got this error in madplay which may as well use some of these
functions.

> The code seems to be in gcc-4.0.2/gcc/libgcc2.c.

Yes.

> I have no idea how to debug this, since printfs don't seem
> to work (compile time errors).

There is something like __eprintf().

> The only option I see is examining the code, and maybe assembler
> code generated from it, to find a possible cause of the error.

I think it's because the linker fails to insert the __clz_tab.
It's used in count_leading_zeros() in longlong.h.

I have changed longlong.h to avoid __clz_tab. This is only possible for
armv5.

Can you test the toolchain with the modified longlong.h?

Regards
Amadeus

--
We're back to the times when men were men
and wrote their own device drivers.

(Linus Torvalds)