gcc 3.4 toolchain question

Stefan Sperling stsp at stsp.in-berlin.de
Fri Oct 13 11:06:50 CEST 2006

On Fri, Oct 13, 2006 at 01:52:16AM -0700, Bradley Remedios wrote:
> I'm trying to port QTopia / QT Embedded to DSLinux, and have a few
> questions about the toolchain.
>
> I'm wondering if anyone has gotten a 3.4 toolchain to work for DSLinux
> or if I'm going to have to build my own.

You could try simply changing the GCC_VER constant in toolchain/Makefile
and see if it builds.
You may also need to adjust GCC_DIST_MD5 and GPP_DIST_MD5, or disable
the md5 check in the gcc-*-unpack targets.

> The current toolchain that is in CVS uses gcc-4.0, however certain
> applications such as QT/Embedded / QTopia only really like to be
> compiled with gcc-3.4 (more like 3.X but 3.4 does seem to work.)

What version of QT/Embedded are you using? A release or current
sources? Maybe current sources will build with 4.x?

--
stefan
http://stsp.in-berlin.de                                 PGP Key: 0xF59D25F0