Re-add algorithms required by links

Stefan Sperling stsp at stsp.in-berlin.de
Tue Oct 3 13:04:25 CEST 2006

On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 09:24:08PM +0200, John S. Skogtvedt wrote:
> Daniele Forsi skrev:
> > stsp wrote in dslinux-commit:
> >
> >> Re-add algorithms required by links.
> >
> > I get this error when building libssl:
> >
> > making all in crypto/ecdsa...
> > make[4]: *** No rule to make target `../../include/openssl/engine.h',
> > needed by `ecs_lib.o'.  Stop.

:-/

> Looking at the cvs log stsp doesn't seem to have added the algorithms
> properly.
> This is what I had to do when adding algorithms manually to OpenSSL a
> while ago (copied from August 8 forum post):
>
> Managed to compile OpenSSL with ecdsa ecdh dh enabled:
>
> vim Makefile:
> change the DSLINUX section, remove -DOPENSSL_NO_DH etc
> change SDIRS =, add dh ecdh ecdsa to the list

Mmmmh. That is what I did.
See http://mailman.dslinux.in-berlin.de/pipermail/dslinux-commit/2006-October/000727.html

> cd include/openssl/
> ln -s ../crypto/dh/dh.h .

I didn't need to perform that step. I ran make clean and recompiled
before comitting. But apparently that wasn't enough of a check :(

I can reproduce the problem with a fresh checkout.

Since ecdsa complains about a missing engine.h,
we could try re-adding engine support (whatever that is).

We could also try to re-create the Makefile from scratch by running
the Configure script again with appropriate parameters, and manually
merging required bits from the current Makefile.

The real (long term) fix would be to migrate from cvs to git, put the
code into a lib/libssl/src/ subdirectory (ugly operation in CVS without
breaking all the history), and have a Makefile that builds ssl the
normal way, running configure and make. More or less like Vapula
suggested in another thread a couple of weeks ago:
http://mailman.dslinux.in-berlin.de/pipermail/dslinux-devel/2006-September/000173.html

--
stefan
http://stsp.in-berlin.de                                 PGP Key: 0xF59D25F0